Report on Implementation of the RTI Act, 2005
- 1 -
REPORT ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROVISIONS OF THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005 FOR THE YEAR
- PARTICULARS OF REPORTING AUTHORITY :
1. Name of the office :
2. Number of gazetted officers :
3. Names of Public Sector Undertakings, Boards, Councils etc under the
4. Names of NGOs assisted by the Department :
- IMPLEMENTATIONS OF SECTION 4 OF THE RTI ACT :
- Whether all the records are catalogued and indexed by the office? If not, reason may be furnished.
- Whether information Hand Book under RTI Act as required by Sec. 4(1)(b) in the prescribed template has been prepared by the office? If not reason be given.
- Whether all relevant facts relating to formulation of important policies have been published by the department/ office as required under Sec. 4(1)(b?
- Whether suo moto information has been provided to the public at regular intervals as required by Sec 4(2)?
- Whether every information in the department/office has been widely disseminated as required by Sec. 4(3)?
- Whether information in the department/office has been made accessible to State Public Information Officer (SPIO) concerned as required by Sec. 4(4)?
- 2 -
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 5 :
- How many SPIOs have been designated in the office? If not why?
- Haw many SAPIOs have been appointed in the office? If not why?
- How many Departmental Appellate Authorities (DAAs) have been appointed in the office? If not why?
- When were these designations made? Kindly enclose a copy of such orders.
- Whether any assistance of any other officer has been sought by SPIO? If so, in how many cases?
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 6 :
1. No. of applications received in the office :
2. How many applications had been assisted by the SPIO to reduce an application in writing under Sec 6(1) (b)?
3. How many applications have been referred to another Public Authorities (PAs)/Offices for providing information?
4. Amount of application fees received. Were these deposited to the Government?
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 7 :
- How many applications were decided within the prescribed time limit?
- How many applications were rejected by the SPIO? What were the main grounds for rejecting the applications?
- How many applications were not decided within the prescribed limitation? What are the main reasons for not deciding the applications within limitations?
- How many applications were received concerning the life or liberty of a person?
- 3 -
- Whether applications concerning the life or liberty of a person were decided within a period of 48 hours from time of receipt of the application?
- How many applicants failed to make payment of cost of providing the information? State the amount?
- How many applicants belonging to BPL were provided information free of cost? And how many of them were denied information free of cost?
- How many sensorily disabled applicants were assisted by the SPIO?
- How many applicants were given information free of cost due to failure of the PAs to provide the information within limitation?
- In how many applications a third party was involved?
- Amount of fees collected for the provisions of such information during the reported period.
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 8 :
- How many applications were denied information under Sec. 8? Give reasons used for denying such information.
- How many applicants were given information under Sec. 8 on the ground of larger public interest?
- IMPLEMENTATION AOF SECTION 9 ;
- How many applications were rejected on the ground specified under Sec. 9 of RTI Act?
- 4 -
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 15 :
- The Provisions of Section 15 came into force on 15.6.2005 under Sec. 1(3) of the Act. Whether the State Information Commission was formed at once as per Sec. 1(3) of the Act? If not, please give reasons thereof.
- What actions have been taken for maintaining and upholding the autonomy of the Mizoram Information Commission (MIC) according to the provisions of Sec. 15(4) of the Act?
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTON 18 :
- How many complaints have been instituted before the MIC relating to the Office?
- How many such complaints have been disposed of by the Commission?
- How many decisions/directions of the Commission on such rulings have been complied with by the Office?
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 19 ;
- How many appeals have been instituted before the DAA against the actions/inaction of the SPIO in the Office?
- How many such first appeals were decided by the DAA within a period of 45 days from the date of filing the first appeal?
- How many first appeals were rejected?
- How many first appeals were allowed?
- How many 2nd appeals were preferred against the First Appellate Authority before the MIC?
- How many 2nd appeals were decided by MIC and how many appeals were pending?
- How many appeals were allowed by the Commission and how many were disallowed?
- In how many cases the Commission made recommendations and what are the actions taken by the Office on such recommendations?
- 5 -
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 20 :
- In how many cases the MIC has issued imposition of penalty?
- In how many cases penalties were imposed by the MIC? Please state the amount of penalty, if any.
- In how many cases the Commission has recommended disciplinary actions on SPIO?
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 25 :
- What are the recommendations, if any, for compliance of the provisions of the RTI Act by the Office?
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 26 :
- What are the departmental and organizational programmes conducted by the Office in respect of exercise of the RTI as contemplated under Sec. 26(1) (a)?
- What actions were taken by the Office to encourage PAs in the developmental organization of such programmes as mentioned above?
- What were the actions taken by the office to promote the Act?